Friday, September 01, 2006

That's "Dr." to you!

That pretty much says it all, doesn't it?

Ladies and Gents, Friends and Loved Ones, I am exceedingly pleased to announce that I received word just today that the admissions committee has unanimously approved my request to change from JD/MS to JD/PhD and the requisite paperwork is being processed.

This is thrilling news indeed, especially because it means I get to hang out in an academic lab for the next couple of years! (Yes, I'm still a starry-eyed grad student, not yet a bitter one.) And, honestly, it makes one's day to hear oneself called a "strong applicant," even if one personally doesn't feel that way.

And on that note, I wish you a wonderful long weekend! As for the future Dr. Nomad, well she's going to go sit in the Comfy Chair and attempt to simultaneously read for Patents and deny that classes begin on Tuesday...or just pester El Novio. We shall see.

No comments: