Saturday, October 22, 2005

Excellent Adventures in Science, cont'd.

Your Very Own Cuddly Microbe

To the best of my knowledge, it's been years since I've asked for anything for Christmas, but this year I may have to make an exception. May I present to you...ta-daaa... Giant Microbes! Another incredibly cool link that was pointed out to me a few days ago is the KEGG Pathway Database, which was such an exciting find that I ventured to call it "hot" (c-hot, even). To which The Chauffeur replied that my view of "hot" is clearly not normal. Not much I can do about that, I'm afraid!

In the same vein, it's been so good to be back (despite the stress and not having enough time to actually do all the studying work that needs to be done), that I've started to knock around the idea of switching from the M.S. track to the Ph.D. track...nothing definite right now, though.

3 comments:

La Cot said...

Hehehe...er,thanks? Although I was personally leaning towards something really historic, like E.coli, or S. cervisiae, or the Black Death...

The Tiger said...

Personally, I think it'd be rather more fun to get gonorrhea than the Black Death...

La Cot said...

Fun? Well...perhaps we'll just leave that up to the infectee... Although, I can try to link them for you: for instance, the framework of Boccaccio's Decameron is held together by a group of young people escaping the Plague; if I recall correctly from what I read of it, a proportion of the stories involve (obliquely or not so obliquely) sex. (Got kinda repetitive after a while.) There you go. Conclusion? Perhaps S. cervisiae wins, eh?